Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 18:29:16 +0100

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> And in this case a very good measure was proposed.  And, unbelievably, it was
> summarily dismissed/countered in favor of reliance on the much poorer measure
> of
> emacs-devel activity.  That is the argument and the attitude I spoke out
> against.

Polling users doesn't happen on its own. Someone has to spend the time
to do it. Removing something deemed unnecessary and waiting for anyone
to complain is less work. That wouldn't be a good rationale for
killing a heavily used, or a core, feature, but it seems perfectly
reasonable to me when speaking of something that's likely not used by
anybody (more so after Eli's comment about it being broken).

So the argument and the attitude is, I think, "why should we spend
time in something that we're convinced it is useless anyway, unless we
have a good reason to think otherwise?"

    Juanma