Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 18:45:30 +0100

On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 6:39 PM, Drew Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

> The proposal from Matthias was not a proposal to poll the users.  He suggested
> examining the download logs to see how much the barebins were picked up.

Fair enough. Still, that won't also happen on its own, and can be dead
easy, or not, depending on how accessible the logs are for a
sufficiently long interval of time.

> My argument was against the reasoning that _because_ no one has spoken up here
> there must not be any user interest in this.

Perhaps you're misinterpreting the reasoning, and it was more like "As
it has been broken for a long time, and we haven't received complains
on emacs-devel (or the bug list), it is reasonable to suppose that
there is no user interest in it."

> That's a false argument and suggests a bad attitude, IMHO.

With all due respect, I think you throw that accusation a bit lightly.

    Juanma