Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs Windows barebin distribution
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 23:14:52 +0200

> From: Mathias Dahl <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 20:56:54 +0100
> Cc: Christoph Scholtes <address@hidden>, address@hidden
>
> However, if the concept of the barebins were broken in some sense
> (that's how I interpret your and others' replies here), it's not
> anything worth arguing over.

It was broken in the sense that they couldn't be used for the purpose
for which they were invented, namely, to allow users re-dump Emacs
after loading some non-standard combination of Lisp packages.

The decision to drop the barebin distribution was made back in April,
we just wanted to wait for some time to see if someone will miss them,
after they were removed.  No one did.