RE: document cygwin-convert-path-{from,to}-windows?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: document cygwin-convert-path-{from,to}-windows?
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 13:50:39 -0800

> > > cygwin-convert-filename-to-windows, and similarly for the
> > > other one.  IOW, replace "path" with "filename".
> >
> > But the functions convert directory names too.
>
> "Filename" doesn't contradict that.  We have, e.g.,
> directory-file-name, file-name-as-directory, expand-file-name, etc.

I agree.  Emacs practice calls for replacing "path" with "filename" or (better)
"file-name" here.

However, I would suggest replacing "windows" with whatever is the accepted term
used in Emacs names these days (win32?).  We do not want to confuse users.  This
is about Microsoft Windows file names; it is not about Emacs windows.