Re: [RFC] buffer_shared in redisplay_internal

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [RFC] buffer_shared in redisplay_internal
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 19:02:45 +0200

> Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 20:42:02 +0400
> From: Dmitry Antipov <address@hidden>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>
>
> This patch proposes the minor redisplay optimization for the case when current
> buffer is shown in more than one window but was not changed since last
> display.
> In such a case, it should be enough to redisplay only the selected window
> or selected frame rather than redisplay everything.

What about the mode lines of the other windows showing the same
buffer?  They might need redisplay even if the buffer didn't change,
e.g., to show the current line number.  Similarly with the tool bar
(if the buffer is shown in more than one frame).

If you made sure all these cases are covered, I guess we can apply
this and see if someone complains.