Re: Bug with lexical-binding and package-install?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Bug with lexical-binding and package-install?
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:31:47 -0500

> It appears as though your first instinct about lexical-binding is
> correct. I had a ;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*- directive in my
> init-packages.el file, which is responsible for downloading the installing
> missing packages (of which multiple-cursors.el is one).

What is "init-packages.el"?
"grep init-package **/*.el" doesn't find anything in Emacs's trunk.

I'm trying to understand how this could happen, which I find difficult
to imagine: lexical-binding is made buffer-local in every file that is
byte-compiled, so for an external lexical-binding setting to affect
byte-compilation, you'd have to call `byte-compile' directly rather than
via byte-compile-file.
At least that's the way the code should behave.

Oh, and please make it an actual bug-report rather than sending it here
on emacs-devel.

        Stefan