Re: Configuring Emacs on Windows with autoconf

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Configuring Emacs on Windows with autoconf
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 11:19:16 -0800

On 11/23/2012 10:34 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> I already considered the possibility of adding to gnulib

Another possibility is to use the Gnulib style, but in
Emacs-only modules.  That is, instead of creating a Gnulib
module FOO that implements the replacement function foo,
add to Emacs the files lib/foo.c and m4/foo.m4 (and whatever)
that act like Gnulib, but in a way that's less general and is
Emacs-specific and solves the problem just for Emacs.

You can see a fairly elaborate example of this in GNU
coreutils (see the directory gl).  I don't know that Emacs
would have to be that fancy, but the coreutils code can be a
source of ideas.