Re: Bzr Emacs question

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: Bzr Emacs question
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 10:22:28 -0800

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Bill Wohler <address@hidden>
>> Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2012 09:47:31 -0800
>>
>> > A tag is not a revision-id by itself.  Try
>> >
>> >   bzr up -r tag:mh-e-8.3.1
>>
>> Not surprisingly, that produces the same error.
>
> I guess I don't understand what your "bzr tag" command did.  What is
> "emacs-24.1" in that command?

I want the mh-e-8.3.1 tag to correspond to the Emacs 24.1 release. I had
assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that the emacs-24.1 tag was what I wanted.

>> Note that "bzr help revisionspec" says:
>>
>>     Alternately, [the revision] can be given without a keyword, in which
>>     case it will be checked as a revision number, a tag, a revision id,
>>     a date specification, or a branch specification, in that order.
>
> And you are willing to bet your life on that it guesses right? ;-)

Ha! No, but I'd bet a beer :-).

>> > (And I'm not sure you really want "up" and not some other command, but
>> > that's another story.)
>>
>> What would you recommend as an alternative to "svn up -r<revision>"?
>
> I don't know, I never used SVN seriously.  What did you want to
> accomplish?

I want to grab the MH-E files associated with the Emacs 24.1 release in
order to make an MH-E 8.3.1 release.

Thanks very much for your help.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>