Re: Rendering issues under OS X 10.8.2

From: Jonas Bernoulli
Subject: Re: Rendering issues under OS X 10.8.2
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 23:50:54 +0100

On Monday, November 26, 2012, Sebastian Sturm wrote:
Dear all,

sorry if this has already been covered, but I couldn't find any related postings or bug reports so far. Trying out 24.2.90 pretest, I noticed that my modeline doesn't cover the full window width anymore. Also, the font antialiasing has changed noticeably; text that was once well readable now looks thin and spindly, especially on dark backgrounds, as shown in this screenshot:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/27469243/emacs-screenshot.png
The left window belongs to emacs 24.2 (stable), the right one to 24.2.90 pretest. In case the new font rendering reflects an aesthetic choice made by the developers, is there any easy way to revert to the old rendering behavior?
best regards,
Sebastian