Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic

From: ramneek
Subject: Re: clang/emacs/ecb/semantic
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:25:39 +0800

I haven't looked at gcc plugin interface much but i have picked up clang's lib tooling interface pretty quickly and want to make my experience with emacs better.
I looked at rtags project mentioned in this mail chain and think it looks good however it failed a bit for me and doesn't provide all that i need. (i do intend to write to the author).

I have started some work on creating mini apps which will output in json format which i plan to write elisp extensions for.
Since i have limited time in hands i would appreciate if someone facing similar issues can join forces and we can get it done.

Basic requirements i have are:
1. fast semantic completions
2. jump to declaration and definition
3. provide a help window for if there are comments on the function under the cursor

all of the above are doable by clang and more (i was told that gcc sat doesn't contain the comments info, i am not sure how true that is).

I want to make it simple on the first cut and see how it looks and then proceed further..

So anyone?

Regards,
Ramneek