Re: 24.2.90: Confusion in "Top" "nn%" and "Bot".

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: 24.2.90: Confusion in "Top" "nn%" and "Bot".
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2012 11:40:24 +0100

> 1. Display an info page (e.g. "Special Input for Incremental Search")
> which fits entirely on the screen (if only just).

In my laptop, that info node doesn't fit entirely on the screen, but
if I try with its parent node, for example ("(emacs) Incremental
Search") which does fit, I observe the problem you mention: "Top" in
the modeline instead of the expected "All".

> 2. Note that "Top" rather than the expected "All" is displayed.
>
> 3. Scroll the text upwards 6 lines.
>
> 4. Now, "9%" rather than "Bot" is displayed.
>
> 5. Scroll the text repeatedly upwards.  "nn%" continues to be displayed,
> despite the fact that the bottom of the buffer is visible.
>
> 6. When the last visible line is scrolled off the window, finally, "Bot"
> is displayed.
>
> I think either this behaviour or the manual is buggy.

Yes, there is a bug somewhere, and is a regression: the 24.2 release does TRT.

I've tried with another manual (GNU Make) and I see the problem there
too (with the trunk, not with the 24.2  release).

So the problem seems to be in Emacs, not in the manual.

HTH

--
Dani Moncayo