Re: AUCTeX 11.87 released (elpa)

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 11.87 released (elpa)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 14:45:34 +0100

George McNinch <address@hidden> writes:

Hi George,

>     >>> But I can update the AUCTeX files on the ELPA branch tomorrow
>     >>> and ask on emacs-devel so that someone updates the package.
>
>     Tassilo> It turned out not to be that easy.  The auctex package in
>     Tassilo> the elpa branch uses a different directory layout which
>     Tassilo> seems to make some manual adaptions needed here and there.
>
> I have been using AUCTeX 11.86 from elpa for a while. Upon upgrading
> yesterday to 11.87, "things broke".

Argh!  Nobody should have rolled an auctex release from the current elpa
branch.  I didn't have time to test the manually merged auctex version
in there.  I'm pretty sure it doesn't work. :-)

Dear ELPA admins, could you please rollback to 11.86 until I (or someone
else) had time to test the current auctex 11.87 elpa version?

Is the elpa emacs branch to ELPA archive an automated procedure/cronjob
nowadays?  I've thought elpa package providers need to ping Chong or
Stefan when they want to roll a new release of their package...

Bye,
Tassilo