Re: AUCTeX 11.87 released (elpa)

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: AUCTeX 11.87 released (elpa)
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 10:33:49 -0500

>> Is the elpa emacs branch to ELPA archive an automated procedure/cronjob
>> nowadays?
> Yes, a nightly cron job.  So you probably want to either fix it quickly,
> or revert the changes temporarily, work on a separate branch and merge
> the result when it's stable.

BTW, I've just changed the cron script so that it only creates a new
package when the "version" is changed.  As long as the "version" is not
modified, the script assumes you're still working on the next release
and the changes are not good enough to be release in the GNU ELPA archive.

I also added a packages/README file that tries to explain it.

        Stefan