Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Two strange messages while building Emacs on MS-Windows
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 10:02:52 +0200

> Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 23:11:01 +0100
> From: Dani Moncayo <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
> > How much time does it take you to bootstrap, btw?  And on what
> > machine?
>
> I'm not sure.  About 30 min, I think.  I'll time it next time.

You didn't say what machine was that.  If it's anywhere near core i7,
you can slash these times by a factor of 3, if you use a recent CVS
build of GNU Make which supports job-server style parallel builds on
Windows.  Just type "make -j8 bootstrap" instead of just "make bootstrap".
("-j8" because the core i7 CPU has the equivalent of 6.5 processing
units, and the recommendation for Make is to use a number slightly
larger than that.)