Re: emacs roadmap

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: emacs roadmap
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2012 11:49:04 -0700

>>>>> "Tony" == Tony Day <address@hidden> writes:

Tony> Is there a long term roadmap for emacs research and development that
Tony> someone could point to?  Having done my homework I find nothing out
Tony> there except rumour and myth.  For instance:

Tony> - Is multi-threading coming to emacs 25?

I don't know about Emacs 25, but I did manage to merge trunk to the
concurrency branch today.  If you're interested you could try it out.

I still haven't done any development work on it since the last time I
asked a question here.  All the big features work though.

Tony> More generally, when can we get turtles all the way down and enjoy the
Tony> return of the symbolic machine?

It is difficult.

Tom