Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:08:20 +0100

> I dunno, guys.  I like Bazaar as little as anybody (I was the git
> advocate for Python's PEP 374, I was one of the strong advocates for
> git when Emacs decided to move), but I really haven't had that much
> difficulty working with it in the few projects I work on that require
> it.  The patterns for working with Emacs seem to be rather few and
> uncomplicated.  People who like to commit directly to trunk keep a
> checkout, and people who like to work on branches use the more
> elaborate setup that Karl set out in BzrForEmacsDevs.  If you don't
> like the bzr terminology (I don't, but they do have some claim to
> using many of the terms like "pull" first), it's not terribly hard to
> set up a set of aliases that does the simple work.

I don't really think it's a matter of terminology.

I think bzr is okay when you are working directly in Emacs,
but that's a few of us, and generally for small patches.

In the end, I respect the choice of the maintainers, because
I don't see anyone else able to do their job.  As a maintainer
myself for Org, I respect that.  But keeping in mind that the
choice of bzr doesn't please many (potential) contributors is
good too IMHO.

--
 Bastien