Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Daniel Colascione
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 17:19:45 -0800

On 12/22/2012 5:07 PM, Xue Fuqiao wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 16:45:09 -0800
> "Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> The default bindings for keyboard macros were (and still are, additionally)
>> `C-x
>> (', `C-x )', and `C-x C-e'.  Those are mnemonic (start, end, execute) and do
>> not
>> waste repeatable keys.
> I think so, too.  I opposed binding <f3> and <f4> to kmacro related commands.

While I think using F11 for full screen is fine for consistency with other
programs, I don't use keyboard macros often enough to justify binding f3 and f4.
On the other hand, we really don't do enough to publicize keyboard macros. No
other editor has good macro support, and the feature is a great competitive
advantage for Emacs. It'd be nice to introduce new users to keyboard macros
earlier.