Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:56:11 +0400

On 23.12.2012 14:37, Xue Fuqiao wrote:
On Sun, 23 Dec 2012 11:32:45 +0200
Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:

For Firefox the most general and useful extension to rebind keys is
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyconfig_extension

There are also Emacs specific Firefox extensions:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/firemacs/

There are also some others(Emacs specific or can make use of Emacs power), like:
http://conkeror.org/
https://github.com/jaalto/project--windows-emacs-client-for-firefox
http://mozex.mozdev.org/
http://robrohan.com/projects/9ne

Thanks, guys, but I'm aware of most of those already.

I haven't tried sending text areas to Emacs yet, but it doesn't really help with the difference between keybindings when I need to do a quick action, like cut a piece of text from the built-in search form, which is exactly when I tend to press the wrong keys the most.

Changing Firefox keys to Emacs's is not optimal, too, because I close tabs much more often than cut text, so giving up "C-w" for that in favor of C-x k (which requires two hands to press) is counter-productive. It would also make using any other software more jarring.

Maybe I need to man up and switch to something like ErgoEmacs.