Re: Git to Bzr - what works?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: Git to Bzr - what works?
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 05:12:43 +0100

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> Personally, i predict Bazaar will wither and Someone will write a GPLv3+
> Git workalike in Guile Scheme in the next year or so -- how hard can it
> be?

I predict this will be very hard.

First because this person will certainly be a huge fan of git
(otherwise he would not care cloning it.)

Second because it will be hard to get the same performance in
Guile as Git gets in C.  And this guy will soon realize "Mh..
why do I do this?  Just for the sake of having a Git-like in
GPLv3+?"

In fact, I predict this guy does not exist :)

--
 Bastien