Re: why bugs only fixed in trunk?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: why bugs only fixed in trunk?
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2012 11:59:25 +0100

Hi Leo,

Leo <address@hidden> writes:

> Long ago I used to report bugs in the org mode that was bundled with
> emacs but then the project's practice was to only fix in the development
> trunk. So I save myself some time stop reporting bugs there.

We all try hard so that all versions of Org are in an acceptable state.

There are mainly four versions:

1. Org in the bzr emacs-24 branch
2. Org in the bzr trunk branch
3. Org in the git maint branch
4. Org in the git master branch

I try to handle bugs from the bzr trunk and the git maint branches in
priority (as they are the "stable" versions), then from the trunk and
master (as "unstable" versions.)

I'm not syncing maint->emacs-24 and master->trunk regularily enough,
which might cause some frustration.  But in overall, the situation is
not that bad I think.

Let me know if you have any specific advice on how to make things
easier, either as a user or as a bug-reporter.

Thanks!

--
 Bastien