new fboundp behavior weird

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: new fboundp behavior weird
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 12:38:29 +0100

Hi,
the new behavior of fboundp seems really bad.
For example debug-on-entry fail on functions not already bound but have
an alias.
something like:

special-form-p: function xxx is void.

#'(lambda (symbol)
    (and (fboundp symbol)
         (not (special-form-p symbol))))

(fboundp symbol)
=> t
(symbol-function symbol)
=> the function linked to symbol.

So in this case fboundp is unable to protect the call to special-form-p.

I guess the problem comes from here, but didn't digg more.
I will try to setup a recipe to reproduce ASAP.

NOTE: This is reproductible only on the trunk, not emacs-24 branch which
is working fine.

--
  Thierry
Get my Gnupg key: