Re: feature freeze decision needed + bzr cherrypick?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: feature freeze decision needed + bzr cherrypick?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:31:01 -0500

Fabian Ezequiel Gallina wrote:

> Today I just pushed two commits to the trunk that fix some bugs
> reported in the github bugtracker. Although I'm not sure if these
> bugs were originally regressions I think they are pretty elegible
> to be merged in the emacs 24 branch (especially the traceback
> mixup one):
>
>  1) https://github.com/fgallina/python.el/issues/122
>  2) https://github.com/fgallina/python.el/issues/123

Fine by me to put these in emacs-24.
Please give the new defcustom a :version "24.3" tag.
(I did wonder if the entire python defgroup should just get such a tag,
since it is essentially a new mode.)

> Now considering these are merged into the trunk, in the case any
> of these is accepted to be put into the emacs-24 branch how would
> I proceed to do such thing? Is there anything similar to git's
> cherrypick?

Eli already answered about "backport" being important. (It's generally
best to put things appropriate for emacs-24 in emacs-24 to start with,
then let them get merged to trunk "automatically".)

> cd emacs-24
> bzr merge -r 111365..111367 ../trunk

Remember to float the ChangeLog entry to the top of the file, with the
appropriate date (bzr's changelog_merge plugin can do the first part).