Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/emacs-24 r111116: eval-after-load fix

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/emacs-24 r111116: eval-after-load fix
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2013 09:32:43 +0400

On 03.01.2013 5:38, Glenn Morris wrote:
Dmitry Gutov wrote:

I wonder, wouldn't it still make sense to purecopy the form, just not
the list wrapping it?

Maybe. (Personally, I doubt any of these purecopy calls have any
non-negligible effect.) Feel feel to tweak it in trunk.

I'd maybe tweak it if I knew what to benchmark for.

IIUC, adding stuff to purespace makes GC's job simpler, as it doesn't have to keep track of references to those objects. Is that the only supposed benefit?

So, I would benchmark it with a simple loop that creates GC pressure, right?

I don't need to measure the time the dumping during the build takes, for example?