Re: package.el can't install a circular depend and it should be able to.

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: package.el can't install a circular depend and it should be able to.
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2013 02:15:12 +0900

Tom Tromey writes:

 > A real circular graph isn't supported.  I guess it could be, though to
 > me it seems like this would have to be some kind of packaging confusion.

Why is it confusion?  Lisp environments have always supported mutual
recursion.  I'll grant that it would normally be technically possible
to refactor the packages to avoid it at the library level, but it
might be administratively inconvenient due to separate maintainership
and the like, or simply an historical artifact that the maintainers
don't want to refactor immediately.  I don't see why those cases
shouldn't be supported, although it might be appropriate to warn.

Steve