Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 21:03:15 +0200

> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 01:19:31 -0500
> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
>
>     You can only send what is visible if the attachment was human-readable
>     text.  You cannot do that with binary attachments.
>
> Yes you can.  Type v, and the attachment will be visible just as it
> was sent.

Do you mean I must manually type v every time I need to forward a
message, just in case it has binary attachments?  That would be a
nuisance.  I surely hope you meant that typing f will do that (and
whatever else is necessary) for me.

> My change (reverting Mark's change) will add functionality
> and lose none.

Before the change, f _never_ worked when the original message included
attachments.  No mail agent I use, including Rmail, was able to
display the forwarded message correctly, including its attachments.
After the change, f does work.  So reverting the change is going
backwards.  If the change introduces bugs in some specific situations,
those bugs should be fixed, without reverting the change itself.