Re: Unuseful keybindings

From: Sam Steingold
Subject: Re: Unuseful keybindings
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 14:17:02 -0500

> * Chong Yidong <address@hidden> [2012-12-29 13:57:52 +0800]:
>
> Juri Linkov <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> It is still too bad that when the frame is maximized, enabling and
>> disabling fullscreen doesn't restore its maximized state.
>>
>> The problem is that we have only one frame parameter `fullscreen'
>> for both frame states `maximized' and `fullscreen'.
>>
>> So for proper behavior like in other applications we need to remember
>> the previous `maximized' state and restore it afterwards
>> like `toggle-frame-fullscreen' does in the following patch:
>
> This patch looks good, thanks.

Yuk.

Now when my frame is maximized and I hit f11, it is fullscreen, and
when I hit f11 again, it "normal" (not maximized).
Since M-f10 is not available to Emacs by default, I cannot get back my
maximized behavior with the keyboard.

I don't see how this is an improvement.

--
Sam Steingold (http://sds.podval.org/) on Ubuntu 12.04 (precise) X 11.0.11103000