Re: File watch support in autorevert.el

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: File watch support in autorevert.el
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 13:31:43 +0200

> From: Michael Albinus <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden
> Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 00:01:07 +0100
>
> Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >  . For that reason, I think auto-revert-notify-handler should
> >    filter events by ASPECTS/ACTION member, and on Windows also by FILE
> >    member of the event.
>
> I have added first checks. Hopefully, they do not break the w32notify case.

I needed to make 2 changes to get this to work on Windows, see trunk
revision 111499.  Actually, I don't understand how it worked with
inotify before my changes, since you were looking for 'modify' in the
descriptor rather than in the action.  Did I miss something?

Btw, should we perhaps do something more sophisticated than
string-equal to compare file names?  On Windows, we probably should
compare case-insensitively, but what about file-truename and friends
on Posix platforms?