Re: State of NS port

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: State of NS port
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:58:46 +0100 (CET)

[Chris Zheng <address@hidden> (2013-01-12 03:49:09 UTC)]

> I suffered this problem too, and it's because of two bug fixes after I dig it
> awhile.
>
> bug#11484: 23.4; Scrolling leaves traces of old text behind
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-gnu-emacs/2012-05/msg00383.html
>
> LCD-smoothing was turned off to fix this bug,
> [...]
> I simply revert these two fixes, and problem you mentioned is gone.

IIRC, while LCD-smoothing was on, the display was rather the opposite
of crisp. The fuzziness led to quite a bit of eye strain on my part,
and I was very happy when kLCD-smoothing was turned off.

I have some complaints about the NS port myself, but rendering issues
is not among them. (Though clearly, something must have happened in
the font department: There are many more glyphs displayed as boxes in
the HELLO file than there used to.)

- Harald