Re: package.el can't install a circular depend and it should be able to.

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: package.el can't install a circular depend and it should be able to.
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 10:03:25 -0500

> That's not what I saw, as you can see from the original message?

The original message doesn't make it clear what you saw (it just says
"The trouble is package.el can't install this. It fails to install
Elnode because of the dependancy on web." which doesn't say if
package.el refuses to do it, or tries to do it and signals an error at
some point, or does it but the result misbehaves in some way, ...).

But in any case, my message did not aim to describe the way package.el
works but the way it could/should work.

        Stefan