Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Change in rmail-insert-mime-forwarded-message
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 17:43:15 -0500

        The obvious first step would seem to be to modify rmail-forward
    (below) to have an optional argument that overrides the setting of
    rmail-enable-mime-composing.

Yes, that would do it.

    Unfortunately, the prefix argument is already being used to toggle
    between regular forward and resend message.  We could make C-u f resend
    and C-u C-u f forward the non-default way, but that feels kludgy to me.

It's not ideal, but it is better than nothing.

      We
    could add F for the alternative forward method or move resend to its own
    key, R, and make C-u f the alternative forward (not muscle memory
    backwards compatible).

These are ok too,

      We should probably rename (with
    obsolete alias) rmail-enable-mime-composing to something like
    rmail-default-forwarding-method if we do this.

With any of these changes in interface, we don't need a variable like
rmail-enable-mime-composing or rmail-default-forwarding-method, under
any name.  The interface will be enough.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation