Re: Typing raw bytes

From: Michael Welsh Duggan
Subject: Re: Typing raw bytes
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 16:43:02 -0500

Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> writes:

>> From: Michael Welsh Duggan <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden
>> Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 15:55:13 -0500
>>
>> Could you give an example that fails to do what is expected?  I tried
>> what you referenced above, using "C-x RET f raw-text RET" and C-q insert
>> bytes.  Saving the file worked just fine, resulting in the expected file
>> length.  "M-x find-file-literally" on the resulting file also seemed to
>> work just fine.  Note, however, that I am running Emacs under GNU/Linux.
>
> If that was a GUI session, then on GNU/Linux there's no decoding of
> keyboard input.  Try in a TTY session instead.

Ah, ha!  I see.  Yes, I would have to call that a bug.  Regardless of
whether the extraneous \302 characters I am getting are incorrect (and I
agree with you that they are), the fact that the results are different
in a GUI and a terminal session is definitely a bug.

--
Michael Welsh Duggan
(address@hidden)