Re: Timer scheduling and cancel-timer

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Timer scheduling and cancel-timer
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 20:36:06 -0500

> I have no idea whether this is relevant, but I'll mention it, as it might be.

Sounds unrelated.

> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p t)
>   #[nil ...
>   ad-Advice-show-paren-function(#[nil...
>   show-paren-function()
>   apply(show-paren-function nil)
>   #[nil ... [timer apply 5 6] 4]()
>   timer-event-handler([t 0 0 125000 t show-paren-function nil idle 0])

Until recently timer-event-handler just silently dropped all errors
signaled by timers, whereas I recently changed it to turn them into
messages (a nd to show the backtrace if debug-on-error is non-nil).

So maybe this error has been present for ever but just got unnoticed
until now.  The "#[nil ...]" seems to be the unadvised body of
show-paren-function, so the error apparently comes from within
show-paren-function.

        Stefan