Re: How to resolve: Conflicting tags: mh-e-8.4

From: Bill Wohler
Subject: Re: How to resolve: Conflicting tags: mh-e-8.4
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 11:58:56 -0800

Glenn Morris <address@hidden> writes:

> Leo Liu wrote:
>
>> When I push a commit to trunk, I am seeing this odd alarming message:
>>   Conflicting tags: mh-e-8.4
>>
>> How can I get rid of it? Thanks.
>
> Pretty sure I've explained this at least twice on this list. Eg
>
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2011-09/msg00490.html

In that email you mention that you haven't seen this with bound,
authenticated branches. This does seem like a deficiency of Bazaar in
that you have to align the planets to avoid this problem. When I push an
unbound branch with a new tag, the Right Thing Should Happen.

Regardless, I'll make sure that I'm operating on a bound branch of trunk
next time I tag. I apologize for the trouble.

--
Bill Wohler <address@hidden> aka <address@hidden>
http://www.newt.com/wohler/