Re: please review bug #13141

From: Xue Fuqiao
Subject: Re: please review bug #13141
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:15:22 +0800

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:20:31 -0800
"Drew Adams" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Configuration is _not needed_ to send a bug report, if you have an external
> mail
> client, which is true of most people nowadays.  That should be the default,
> the
> starting point in our instructions to users.  Start with the simple method,
> and
> make clear that the complex method is optional.

IIRC the default value of `send-mail-function' is `sendmail-query-once', which
queries for `send-mail-function' and sends mail with the queried result (and
also saves the value of `send-mail-function' via Customize).  And in the *Bug
Help* buffer:

  Type C-c m to copy text to your preferred mail program.

> The first (and hence potentially the only) question the dialog should ask is
> simply whether you want to use Emacs itself to send the mail.
>
> But even for that there is no necessary reason to ask the user.

I don't think so, it can be like this:

  Type C-c C-c to send the bug report (using send-mail-function).
--
Best regards, Xue Fuqiao.
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/XueFuqiao