Re: CEDET version

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 14:10:13 -0500

"Eric M. Ludlam" wrote:

>> There are various things that this affects; see M-x list-packages
>> output. semantic, srecode, inversion, pulse, ede, etc. They all have
>> different version numbers at present.
>
> These used to all go out separately and were later merged into once
> CEDET package.  Is there a reason to version-merge them?

I'm not asking for any changes like that, I'm just asking for someone to
who knows about CEDET versioning to check that all the version numbers
the components have in Emacs make sense. Eg the first one I look at is
semantic.el, which says:

  ;; Version: 2.0
  [...]
  (defvar semantic-version "2.1beta"

Ie, inconsistent in the same way that cedet.el is.

I don't have any opinion on what the version numbers should be, I am
saying that these two should be consistent, and asking what value to
use. I have no idea what version of CEDET, semantic, etc are actually in
Emacs.