Re: CEDET version

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 08:38:39 +0100

Eric M. Ludlam writes:
> Ah, thanks for clarifying.  I hadn't realized the comment and variable
> were going out of sync.  A side-effect of using an incomplete script.
> I can update the script to keep those in sync in the future the CEDET
> repository.  The variable is the correct version.
>
> I'm not certain about the 'beta' though.  I usually put a number after
> the beta, like 2.1beta1 or some such.

OK, but what should be done now?

If you bump the numbers in CEDET upstream to a stable version, I can
merge that change to the emacs-24 branch.

For the future, I'd rather get rid of all those separate version numbers
for all the sub-packages. They may have been useful back in the day, but
I don't think they're worth the hassle now. Let's just have one CEDET
version and be done with it.

-David