Re: Building Emacs on two different OSes from a shared directory

From: Dani Moncayo
Subject: Re: Building Emacs on two different OSes from a shared directory
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:38:55 +0100

>> I have Ubuntu installed on one machine, and Windows 7 installed on top
>> of it as a virtual machine (made with VirtualBox).
>>
>> If I have a mirror of Emacs trunk in Ubuntu, and that directory tree
>> is also accessible from Windows (it's a shared folder), can I build
>> Emacs correctly on both OSes from that same repository, or could there
>> be some problem?
>
> I think you can.  Just use two seperate branches in one repository:
>
>       cd emacs
>       bzr branch trunk/ BRANCHNAME/

Of course, if I make a separate branch for each OS, there should not
be any problem, but the question is whether I could compile Emacs on
both OSes using the same directory tree.

AFAIK, the build on MS-Windows is done entirely under the "nt/"
subdirectory which is specific to that platform.  If that is true,
there should be no problem is sharing the same directory tree for both
OSes.

--
Dani Moncayo