Re: CEDET version

From: Eric M. Ludlam
Subject: Re: CEDET version
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 19:04:54 -0500

On 01/23/2013 03:39 PM, David Engster wrote:
Eric M. Ludlam writes:
For the future, I'd rather get rid of all those separate version numbers
for all the sub-packages. They may have been useful back in the day, but
I don't think they're worth the hassle now. Let's just have one CEDET
version and be done with it.

...we could just remove all the version numbers, and call it CEDET 2.0.

If there are dependencies out there on the version numbers, it
shouldn't be too hard to redirect to the overall cedet version.

Doing that will be more work than just running my script.  I've got
cub-scout overload the next two weeks coming on with a pinewood
derby. Is there a time crunch on this?

We cannot do that for the coming release, since the emacs-24 branch has
been in a freeze for quite some time now. So please let's first bump the
versions, which I'll merge to emacs-24, and then rip out the versioning
code, which I can merge to current trunk.

Hi David,

In CEDET / bzr repository, change 8466 contains minor version bumping and making the comments match the variables.

Thanks
Eric