Re: Issues for 24.3

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Issues for 24.3
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 23:06:55 -0500

Status update:

I don't feel that many more pretests are needed.

IMO the only real outstanding issue is 13523.
Please have a think about this issue if you can.

Mac OS X maybe: 13428 (need info).

MS Windows maybe: 13527 (need info).

query-replace issue: 13579 (I haven't read this properly)

Glenn Morris wrote:

> Tabulated list mode header mouse-1 doesn't sort any more:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13560

Hopefully fixed.

> Crash related to new profiler?
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13545

Probably deferred to after 24.3.

> Changing binding of mouse-1 leaves mark-active:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13523

This is the one real remaining issue that bothers me.

> If save-buffer is interrupted during the interactive coding prompt,
> the original file is missing. Seems hard to fix, and present since 23.1,
> so probably too late for 24.3.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13522

Hopefully fixed in trunk.

> Build failures:
>
> Doesn't build on ia64. Fixed? Need more info. Probably can be worked
> around by lowering optimization, or setting GC_MARK_STACK.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=11971
>
> Doesn't build on Mac OS X with gcc 4.6+. Maybe too late for 24.3.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9927
>
> Doesn't build on IRIX. I doubt this can be fixed except by someone with
> IRIX, and only ~ 1 person seems to be an Emacs IRIX user, so probably
> not that important to fix. Happens with older releases too.
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9684

Not likely to be any progress on any of these.

> Misc issues that seem to be unreproducible:
>
> Problem sending mails:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13546

Maybe fixed.

> Mac OS X opens with tiny window, then crashes (?):
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13428

Need info.

> MS Windows crash:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=8145

Was previously fixed.

> Background colour issues:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12448
>
> Redisplay issues:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=12906

Not likely to be any progress on any of these.

> MS Windows frame raising:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=13094

Not an issue for 24.3.

> Mac OS X modeline not full width: