Re: read_char() does not detect, handle special-event-map buffer changes

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: read_char() does not detect, handle special-event-map buffer changes
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2013 17:11:17 +0100

Derek Upham <address@hidden> writes:

> A couple of emails back I put in a D-Bus handler for asynchronous
> messages.  I'll set it up to do nothing but push a timestamp onto a
> list.  Then with a couple of dbus-send instances I can look for rate
> differences between the two code paths.  I should have numbers this
> weekend.

Would be interesting. Alternatively, you could also stress via file
notifications. Eval

(defun my-inotify-handler (&rest args)
  (message (format "Here I am '%s'" args)))
(inotify-add-watch "/tmp" t 'my-inotify-handler)

And in a shell outside Emacs, you call

# while /bin/true; do touch /tmp/123; done

> Derek

Best regards, Michael.