Re: Long lines and bidi

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: Long lines and bidi
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 15:55:04 -0800

On 02/11/13 08:47, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> we should NOT regard this as any kind of solution for the long-lines
> problem with the current display engine.

Yes, the memchr/memrchr improvement is a relatively minor
performance improvement; I suggested it primarily
because it's easy to do and doesn't complicate Emacs proper.
I pushed it into the trunk as bzr 111741.

By the way, in reviewing this area it appears to me that
there must be a bug in the code that caches newline locations
when searching backwards.  The above performance improvement
doesn't affect this bug.  I'll try to follow up on this soon.