Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111747: * doc-view.el (doc-view-

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r111747: * doc-view.el (doc-view-odf->pdf-converter-soffice): Use separate
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 09:21:02 -0500

> +                        ;; A workaround is to start soffice with a
> +                        ;; separate UserInstallation directory.
> +                        (concat "-env:UserInstallation=file://"
> +                                (expand-file-name (format
> "libreoffice-docview%d" (user-uid))
> +                                                  temporary-file-directory))

I'm pretty sure there's some kind of race condition here that lets an
attacker on the same machine make you write files you didn't intend.

Also what if you have two doc-view buffers showing different ODF documents?
Will one soffice process cause the other to return immediately as well?

I think we should either use make-temp-file to create the
UserInstallation directory, or just reuse the directory in which we'll
place the png files.

        Stefan