Re: Emacs Mac port

From: Pavlo Martynenko
Subject: Re: Emacs Mac port
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 14:02:08 +0200

On 9 Feb 2013, at 09:26, YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <address@hidden> wrote:

> The Mac port based on Emacs 24.2.93 pretest is now available from
>
>    ftp://ftp.math.s.chiba-u.ac.jp/emacs/emacs-24.2.93-mac-3.93.tar.gz
>
>                                    YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
>                               address@hidden
>
> ** Fixed bugs
>
> *** Rare crash in mac_get_selected_range.
>
> *** Breakage of `--with-wide-int' on other builds.
> Reported by Peter Dyballa.
> Note: the option `--with-wide-int' is not eagerly tested on the Mac
> port.  Use it at your own risk.
>
> *** `emacsclient -c' does not work.
> Reported by Piotr Kalinowski.

"emacsclient -c" works fine when server was started from normally running emacs
by (server-start).

But when the server was started with --daemon option. The first time when
emacsclient connects emacs eats 100% of cpu in main thread. And after client
disconnects and connects again the server crashes on EXC_BAD_ACCESS in
check_x_display_info.

"emacsclient -t" terminates just after connect with exit code 1.

Also I noticed increased cpu usage from 0.3 up to 4.0% when emacs frame
minimised in the Dock. The same can not be said about the NS port.