Re: Better indentation for elisp

From: Sergey Mozgovoy
Subject: Re: Better indentation for elisp
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 22:23:41 -0800 (PST)

Thierry Volpiatto-2 wrote
> See:
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.devel/155910/match=lisp+indent+function

Thank you for response and the link.

I guess you're sure that Emacs Lisp indentation is not so bad as to be
worth the effort of introducing substantial changes.  OK, I agree
that's probably my own censoriousness which bothers me, rather than
Elisp indentation. :)

However, please do note that aside from *flet*, there were some other
examples.  I guess they don't annoy pretty much anyone except for me,
too.

Actually, what struck me the most was the indentation of constructs
like this:
*
(let-like-macro (a 10
                           b 20
                           c 30)
  ... BODY ...)
*
Well, this is actually a let-like construct, but bindings are not
explicitly taken into additional parenthesis.  They are "unrolled".

What I would want here is /flat/ indentation, but present Elisp
indenting algorithm treats the binding list as a normal function call.

Yeah, I agree that the easiest way to handle this would be to just
give up and live with default indentation, or use some more
conventional syntactic constructs.