Re: Fontless Info

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Fontless Info
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 18:20:41 +0200

> From: Tassilo Horn <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 11:16:25 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> Aidan Gauland <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > Emacs was run with -Q, and I ran `make distclean' before rebuilding
> > again to make sure it wasn't a problem with my local build.  This
> > appears to be a bug, but if no one else can reproduce it...
>
> You are not alone.  I've just updated my emacs copy, and I can reproduce
> the issue.  So it's clearly a bug.

This happens because font-lock-mode gets turned off in Info buffers.
Type "M-x font-lock-mode RET", and all the niceties are back.  (You
could guess that this is the problem if you'd go to the un-decorated
text and type "M-x describe-text-properties RET" there.)

The reason seems to be the changes in revision 111794: their result is
that, after Info mode is turned on and turns on font-lock, font-lock
is turned off again by something called
global-font-lock-mode-check-buffers.  And to make things _really_
interesting, if you run this under Edebug, the problem disappears...

Since the voodoo of easy-mmode is beyond me, I'll let others fix this.