Re: Better indentation for elisp

From: Didier Verna
Subject: Re: Better indentation for elisp
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 16:54:48 +0100

Sergey Mozgovoy <address@hidden> wrote:

> Standard indentation algorithm for Emacs Lisp is not perfect in some
> respects.

> Those who use SLIME know that there's a contrib *slime-cl-indent*
> which does some nice job of indenting Common Lisp code.  SLIME
> indentation is different from that of Elisp in that it supports
> arbitrarily-nesting indentation patterns rather than simple values.

> I decided to just go ahead and try to write some Elisp indentation
> machinery.

  Given that you think (and I agree) that the current Slime indentation
  contrib is superior to the current one for Emacs Lisp, I don't quite
  understand why you would want to write some new machinery.

  The Slime contrib provides customizable indentation through the notion
  of styles. Can't you just write an Emacs Lisp style that suits your
  needs?

--
ELS 2013, June 3/4, Madrid, Spain:  http://els2013.european-lisp-symposium.org

Scientific site:   http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~didier