RE: [patch] minor patch for register.el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: [patch] minor patch for register.el
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 13:29:53 -0800

> > Nope, I know nothing about it.  Can you give me a URL for
> > downloading it?
>
> http://lumiere.ens.fr/~guerry/u/register-list.el

Thanks.

> > Feel free to do what you describe, from my point of view.
> > At least based on your description it sounds like an improvement.
>
> I pointed at this library because I see there are some changes
> done in register.el and I hope those changes won't conflict with
> the ones I plan to make.  But as I cannot announce a date when
> I'll be able to provide a patch, I cannot freeze register.el
> just because I want to work on it... hence this semi-solution
> of providing you the link so you can get some ideas.

If any changes are made to register.el before you get around to improving it a
ta facon, and if those changes make it harder for you, you can always get back
today's version from VC.

The patch I sent was pretty trivial.  And it probably doesn't matter whether it
gets applied or not.  IOW, if it makes life easier not to apply it, then don't.