Re: help with smie

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: help with smie
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 23:38:17 -0500

> I wrote smie rules in the mode, tried to see how it works. No surprise they
> didn't work.

"didn't work" is not very informative.

> - is there any way I can check the correctness of the rules?

Try'em out?

> - can I look at the parsed tokens by SMIE to find out how SMIE sees the text
>   in the buffer.

Try to Edebug (i.e. hit C-u C-M-x when inside a function's code, so as
to cause stepping through it next time it's run), or use M-x trace-function.

> and also I would be glad if any of you can review my code (second link in the
> footnote), let me know the blunders I made in writing it.

I took a very brief&superficial look at the code and it looks sane,
other than trivial details like "grammer" instead of "grammar" or the
"\\.namelist" regexp which should probably be "\\.namelist\\'" instead.

        Stefan "SMIE author"