Re: Setting initial frame's parameters before its creation

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Setting initial frame's parameters before its creation
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2013 22:47:49 -0500

> I am now working with a setup with two screens of different resolutions.
> I would like a way in elisp to change the initial frame's parameters
> before its creation.
> Setting them using x resources seems to be the only way but it could
> only provide good defaults for a fixed resolution and thus breaks down
> with two resolutions as in my case.
> Any suggestions?

I have a local patch which causes Emacs (in GUI sessions) to read the
.emacs because creating the "initial" frame.  You could use something
like that, but it requires recompiling Emacs.

Another option might be to use an emacs daemon, since in this case as
well the .emacs file is read before setting up any GUI frame.

        Stefan