Re: CHAR_TO_BYTE in bidi_resolve_explicit_1

From: Dmitry Antipov
Subject: Re: CHAR_TO_BYTE in bidi_resolve_explicit_1
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:30:06 +0400

On 03/05/2013 07:51 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:

We could use BEGV_BYTE when we limit charpos to BEGV, yes.  But
otherwise, the call to CHAR_TO_BYTE is not redundant, because nothing
else makes sure bidi_it->charpos is synchronized with bidi_it->bytepos
when the display engine re-seats the display iterator.

AFAICS reseat routines uses bidi_init_it to make sure that BIDI stuff
is synced with the rest of redisplay, isn't it?

Did you see some evidence that the call to CHAR_TO_BYTE is redundant
in the general case?

I just tried the patch from the previous e-mail in the very basic editing
session against a few files (including Greek and R2L Arabic scripts), and
eassert was never triggered.

Dmitry